SHRM HR Knowledge Advisor in Alexandria, Virginia
HR Knowledge Advisor
The HR Knowledge Advisor utilizes generalist HR knowledge and expertise to provide information resources and practical advice in response to members’ HR-related questions. The Knowledge Advisor develops HR-related content for SHRM’s website or other publications.
• Provides information, resources and practical guidance in response to members’ HR-related questions by drawing on knowledge and experience as well as education in human resources and related fields to supplement research tools and conducts customized online research in real-time using the best sources available and providing written documentation to support guidance given.
• Balances multiple priorities by communicating with members using several media -- phone, email and live web chat, and maintains accountability for accurately and efficiently responding to a sufficient/acceptable number of inquiries each day.
• Collaborates with other HR Knowledge Advisors by sharing knowledge/resources from specialty areas within HR, pursuing volunteer opportunities, exhibiting flexibility, providing resource collection feedback/suggestions.
• Monitors changes in federal and state laws and regulations and other current topics in HR so that members can rely upon the Knowledge Center as the best, first, source of HR knowledge. Identifies trends in member interests and in HR practices for planning and resource development purposes as requested.
• Develops publication quality content for SHRM’s web site, such as HR Samples, How To Guides and Q&A’s and Toolkits using reliable resources and using language and communication skills to create content which requires minimal editing.
• Clear and professional speaking and writing ability and overall communication style suited to the “business friendly” tone used with members.
• Ability to write effectively for the needs of SHRM’s membership.
• Customer Service commitment: resourceful, diplomatic, team-oriented and sensitive to the needs of members and staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use multiple computer systems, programs, and types of equipment, including web-based databases, for research purposes. Internet savvy and able to efficiently operate all systems to ensure turnaround time standard is maintained or exceeded. Ability to use or learn Internet based databases and other online systems and stay current as such systems change.
• Ability to respond to member requests very rapidly, often within a couple of hours, or immediately on Live Chat. Ability to change the focus of activity swiftly from one task to another as demand warrants.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize responsibilities.
A minimum of seven years of experience in all areas of human resource management in multiple environments, with practical, hands-on HR generalist experience. A Master’s Degree in HR may substitute for some of the years of experience.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in HR or a related field
SHRM-CP/SCP must be earned within one year
Monday - Friday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply: www.shrm.jobs
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Summary of Department
The Knowledge Department is a key resource for the members responding to thousands of both simple and complex HR related questions each year. Knowledge Advisors take questions by phone, email and chat and offer guidance, suggestions and personal professional experiences in addressing the member's question. Additionally, Knowledge Advisors complete research to respond to inquiries supplying SHRM resources and those from other authoritative sources to answer requests or to supplement information